(2) The Board may also by a resolution empower its Chairman or the Commissioner or both, to appoint such officers and employees, other than those mentioned in sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 3C of the Act, as the Chairman or the Commissioner may consider necessary for the efficient administration of this Scheme.
(3) All^ sanctions of expenditure made by the Chairman or Commissioner in pursuance of sub-paragraph(l) shall be reported to the Board as soon as possible after the sanction of the expenditure.
5. Administrative and Financial Powers of the Commissioner :
The Commissioner may, without reference to the Board, sanction expenditure on Contingencies, supplies and services and purchase of articles required for administering the Insurance Fund, subject to financial provisions in the budget and subject to the limits upto which he may be authorised to sanction expenditure on any single item from time to time by the Board.
6. Contributions :---
- The contribution payable by the employer and the Central Government under sub-section (2) and sub-section (3) of section 3G of the Act, shall be calculated on the basis of the basic wages, dearness allowance (including the cash value of any food concessi on) and retaining allowance, if any, actually drawn during the whole month whether paid on daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis.
- Each contribution shall be calculated to the J[nearest rupee, fifty paise or more to be counted as the next higher rupee and fraction of a rupee less than fifty paise to be ignored.]
7. Mode of Payment of Contribution :
- The contribution by the employer shall be remitted by him togetherwith administrative charges at such rate as the Central Government may fix from time to time under sub-section (4) of section 3G of the Act, to the Insurance Fund within fifteen days of the close of every month by a separate bank draft or cheque or by remittance in cash in such manner as may be specified in this behalf by the Commissioner. The cost of remittance if any, shall be borne by the employer.
- It shall be the responsibility of the employer to pay the contribution payable by himself in respect of the employees directly employed by him and also in respect of the employees employed by or through a contractor.
- The Central Government shall credit its contribution^ the Insurance Fund as soon as possible after the close of every financial year.
1. Substituted vide G.S.R. No. 1316 dated 29.12.84.