COAL MINES PROVIDENT FUND SCHEME
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF LABOUR
NOTIFICATION New Delhi,
the llth December, 1948
No. P.F.I5(5)/48 In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948 (XLVI of 1948), the Central Government is pleased to frame the following Coal Mines Provident Fund Scheme, namely :
1. Short Title and Application (i) Mines Provident Fund Scheme.
This Scheme may be called the Coal
1 [(ii) It shall apply to all coal mines in West Bengal, Bihar, [Maharastra], the Central Provinces and Berar, 6[Nagaland] and Orissa including those in partially excluded areas in the Provinces of 3[West Bengal], Bihar, Central Provinces and Berar and Orissa to which the Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948, has been applied under Sub-section (1) of Section 92 of the Government of India Act, 1935].
4 [(iii) The provisions of this Scheme shall be deemed to have come into force
- On the 12th of May, 1947, in respect of coal mines in West Bengal and Bihar including those situated in the partially excluded areas of the province of Bihar ;
- On the 10th of October, 1947 in respect of the coal mines in the Central Provinces and Berar and Orissa including those situated in the partially excluded areas in those provinces;
- On the 1st of January, 1957 in respect of all coal mines (except Sasti Coal Mine) situated in the 5(territories which as from 1st May, 1960 are comprised in the State of Maharastra)] ;
- This sub-paragraph with the exception of the words 'West Bengal' in sub-para (ii) was substituted for
- the original one under Government of India, Ministry Of Labour Notification No. PF 15(9) 50 dated the 9th January, 1950.
- The word 'Bombay' which had been inserted vide S.R.O. 3566 dated 31.10.57 was substituted by the word 'Maharastra' by S.O. 2276 dated 3.9.60 published on 27.9.60.
The words 'West Bengal' were inserted by the Government of India, Ministry of Labour Notification No. PF 15(9) 50, dated the 23rd February, 1950.
- Reconstituted by S.R.O. 3566 dated 31.10.57.
- The words 'New State of Bombay' substituted vide S.O. 2276 dated 13.9.60 published on 27.9.60.
- The words "Nagaland" added vide G.S.R. 690 dated 25.4.1$64,