The Coal Mines Provident Fund Organisation has been entrusted with the responsibility of administering the Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1948 and different schemes framed there under. It is an autonomous organisation governed by a Board of Trustees and functions under the overall supervision of Ministry of Coal, Government of India.
We administer the following Schemes:-
- Coal Mines Provident Fund Scheme
- Coal Mines Family Pension Scheme(merged with Pension Scheme in 1998)
- Coal Mines Pension Scheme
- Coal Mines Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme
Mission & Vision
- Providing social and financial security to the employees working in coal industry.
- Ensuring optimum returns on the contributions of the members.
- Making CMPFO one of the best social security organization internationally by providing online settlement of PF , pension and other claims for the members, online status information about their claims and real time online grievance redressal,
- Maintaining highest level of security in investments made,
- Creating smooth systems for processing of claims and disbursements,
- Providing a transparent, people-friendly and responsive administration for the benefit of employees and pensioners,
- Protecting interest of the employees Vis-a- vis their employers and enforcing the Act and Schemes with firmness, fairness and fearlessness,
- Introducing the most advanced tools of information technology to facilitate and improve performance, monitoring and compliance.