COAL MINES PENSION SCHEME
(EFFECTIVE FROM 31 ST MARCH 1998)
G.S.R. 123 (E)- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 3E of the Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948 (46 of 1948) and in super session of the Coal Mines Family Pension Scheme, 1971, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such super session, the Central Government hereby makes the following scheme, namely :-
SHORT TITLE, COMMENCEMENT AND APPLICATION
- This scheme may be called the Coal Mines Pension Scheme, 1998.
- It shall come into force from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the official gazette, appoint.
- It shall apply to the employees of the coal mines to which the Coal Mines Provident Fund Scheme, 1948, the Andhra Pradesh Coal Mines Provident Fund Scheme, 1956 and the Rajas than Coal Mines Provident Fund Scheme, 1958 framed under section 3 of Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948, apply.
In this scheme, 'unless the context otherwise requires :-
- 'Act' means the Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948 (46 of 1948);
- 'Appointed day' means the date appointed under sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 1 of the Scheme.
- 'authorised officer' means the Regional Commissioner or the Assistant Commissioner or any other officer appointed under sub-section (2) of section 3C.
- 'average emoluments' means the average of the notional salary payable to an employee for the last ten months before retirement from the service.
- 'Board' means the Board of Trustees constituted under section 3 A.
- 'Commissioner' means the Coal Mines Provident Fund Commissioner appointed under sub-section (1) of section 3 C.
(fa) 'Date of his retirement' means the date of retirement beginning on or after the first day of April, 1994.
- 'employee' means an employee of the Coal Mines in respect of which the Coal Mines Provident Fund Schemes have been made applicable,
- 'family' in relation to an employee means :-
- wife in the case of a male employee or husband in the case of a female employee,
- a judicially separated wife or husband, such separation not being granted on the ground of adultery and the person surviving was not held guilty of committing adultery, and
- son who has not attained the age of twenty five years and unmarried daughter who has not attained the age of twenty five years including such 'son or daughter adopted legally before superannuation.
- 'form' means the form annexed to the scheme;
- 'Fund1 means the provident fund established under the Coal Mines Provident Fund Scheme
- 'notional salary' means the monthly emoluments comprising basic pay and dearness
allowance payable to an employee not withstanding the actual salary drawn for that month.
- 'pension' means superannuation pension, retiring pension, disablement pension, widow or widower pension, children pension and orphan pension
- 'pensionable age' means the age of superannuation. (n) 'Pension fund1 means the fund established under sub-section (2) of Section 3E;